The male reproductive anatomy includes internal and external structures. Most of the male reproductive system is located outside the body. The external structures of the MRS are the penis, the scrotum and the testicles. The internal organs of the MRS called accessory organs include vas deferens, ejaculatory ducts, urethra, seminal vesicles, prostate gland and bulbo-urethral glands.
The functions of the MRS are:-
• To produce, maintain and transport sperm (the male reproductive cells) and protective fluid (semen)
• To discharge sperm within the female reproductive tract
HOW DOES MRS FUNCTION
The entire male reproductive system is dependent on hormones, which are chemicals that stimulate or regulate the activity of cells or organs. The primary hormones involved in the functioning of the MRS are follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH) and testosterone. FSH and LH are produced by the pituitary gland located at the base of the brain. FSH is necessary for sperm production (spermatogenesis) and LH stimulates the production of testosterone, which is necessary to continue the process of spermatogenesis. Testosterone also is important in the development of male characteristics like muscle mass and strength, fat distribution, bone mass and sex drive.
MALE REPRODUCTIVE DISORDERS
• There may be some defects in the genitals or in excep¬tional cases genitals may not exist.
• The amount of spermatozoa in the semen may be lesser than required or may not be there at all.
• Physical incapacity or non-existence of procreation capacity or aversion.
• In majority of the cases one may not really find anything lacking in the procreation system of the male but because of the mental tension or due to advanced age procreation system may have lost interest.
• The most complicated problem of MRS is incapacity of the semen to procreate.
• Out of all the problems one third are as a result of spermatozoa being almost nil in the male semen.
DETAILS OF THE CONTENTS OF SEMEN
Normal healthy semen has following details
1. Quantity: between 2 to 5 ml (normal estimate is 3 to 5 ml)
2. Quantum of spermatozoa: 60 to 120 million per ml.
3. Motility: 80% to 90%.
4. Morphology: 80% normal (oval head, neck and tail)
5. PH: acidic.
6. Liquefaction: +ve
7. Fructose: +ve
The only really satisfactory way to produce a semen sample for examination is by masturbation into a special container or in chemical laboratory. The reason for this is that most of the sperm in an ejaculate are in the first portion. If one wants to have a correct examination and get correct chemical results as well as get proper estimate of actual situation, it is essential that at least 4 to 5 days before getting the specimen for examination there should be no wastage of semen. Similarly, one should not encourage the specimen of semen brought in by use of a condom, which are lubricated with spermicides. It will kill sperms and will not have a correct examination.
Secondly, it is necessary that after the first examination of semen, a second sample should be obtained 15 days later and after thorough examination one should arrive at a definite decision and then only proper treatment should be obtained. The sperm in a specimen of semen gets affected both in quantity and in capability of procreation if a person is habituated to take intoxicants like liquor, smoking or chewing tobacco. Insufficient intake of nutritive food, too hot a climate or staying in a place where it is tremendously cold also affects.
OBSERVATION ON THE CHEMICAL CONDITION OF THE SEMEN
• In some cases either both or one testicle may be under-developed or immature or these may remain in the abdomen only. This condition is known as cryptorchidism. In such cases a male although has had a perfect conjugal and sexual partner¬ship, he will be incapable of procreation. Under such circumstances operation could bring fruitful results.
• Varicoceles are tortuous dilated blood vessels in the scrotum, (just like having varicose veins in the legs). These veins are dilated because the blood does not drain properly from them. These dilated veins allow extra blood to pool in the scrotum, which has a negative effect on the sperm production.
• One of the principal reasons for insufficient spermatozoa in male semen which could result in non-procreation is high temperature in the internal secreting glands of male reproductive system.
• If there are glands or nodules which hinder the forceful and speedy ejection of semen, this could also be one of the main reasons for incapability of procreation.
• There can be some hindrance or disease inside the tube of the gentile organ like urethritis, epididymitis, prostatitis etc.
• It is also possible that some hindrance or disease in the testicles may result in plenty of blood coming out of the genital organ which may result in weakness and procre¬ation may not be possible.
• Persons who work in vicinity of hot kilns, put on very tight underwear or take bath with extra hot water, have higher temperature of tes¬ticles (hyperthermia) than required. Over a period of time it can lead to sexual disorder but can be treated by hypothermia (Abnormally low body temperature).
• Persons, whose quantum of spermatozoa is found lesser than required, can cure the same by this treatment of hypothermia. But those who exhibit no sper¬matozoa are in the condition of azoospermia (no sperm count), hypothermia will not be of much use.
• For the treatment of hypothermia the special underwear could be used. It is called thermal underwear and is excellent for keeping the heat in your body and gives excellent comfort even in icy arctic cold weather conditions.
• On medical advice, if long term use of such underwear is being made then an appreciably big difference in number of spermatozoa would be possible. You can remove such special underwear only at time of having a bath or at the time of sexual intercourse; it is advisable to put on this special underwear for the rest of the period and for as long as possible. This is a nonchemical treatment. The underwear is easy to put on and is light in weight. No sexual disorder is created by its use and this is widely recognized.
• If the prostate gland has grown to a huge extent, it can create disorganization of sexual life. It is likely that the male sexual life will be imbalanced. If a couple has no children and if they are getting treatment, they should ensure that the personal life style of the male should be analysed and the problems observed therein should be first solved.
• Check up whether sexual life has got an ebb as a result of having no children. It is essential that sufficient investigation should be undertaken for this cause. If a married couple remains childless for a pretty long period, there is a possibility of internal strife and insufficiency of coitus.
• Impotence indicates that one has to spend a long time in the erection of phallus or the genital organs may be completely inactive or the ejection of the semen may take longer time or semen may not get ejected at all. Normally such occurrences are more as a result of psychologi¬cal reasons and it is advisable to get the solution to this problem by psychiatric treatment.
• Besides the above, patients suffering from diabetes, renal disease, trauma or consumption of strong medicines for longer periods may also get affected by impotency. One can go in for psychological treatment, Medical aids and medicines and vitalizing by mechanical means or by penile implants.
• If a person remains ever ready for sexual intercourse (libido) and indulges in abnormally excessive sexual activities, he may in the long run stop procreating.
• The male genital organ should essen¬tially be capable of full excitement so that the organ should remain absolutely straight and erect than only one can enjoy the intercourse in a proper manner. If the genital organ is comparatively very short it is known as microfilms. If the genital organ is having too much of bends in it, this is termed hemi-hyper-trophy. The non-stimulation of the phallus is the main cause of impotence. People could have insufficiency of erection of the genital organ due to mental fear, worry, trauma, diabetes etc.
• Male procreation problem can also arise because of the addiction to alcohol, narcotics, tobacco and anti¬hypertensive drugs.
Yogic philosophy maintains that most of the diseases are due to insufficient life force, either in the body as a whole or a blockage of life force to one part of the body. When the whole body has lowered life force, the result is a lowered vitality level, poor health and susceptibility to infection. Yoga practice increases the working capacity of the body to a huge extent. Yes, you can definitely correct your impotence and also get stronger erections if you practice certain Yoga poses regularly. These includes Surya¬namaskara (12 rounds) each morning at Sunrise, Trikonasana, Sarvangasana, Matsyasana, Halasana, Paschimottanasan, Bhujangasana, Shalbhasana, Dhanurasana, Chakrasana, Ardha-Matsyendrasana Yoga¬mudra, Uttitthpashchimottanasana, Padahastasana, Tolungasana, Mahamudra, Vajrasana and Shavasana. Regular practice of these Asanas can help to increase the blood circulation to the scrotum. This increased blood flow removes and remedies the biological or chemical imbalances that might be causing impotence.
In addition, the practice of Bhastrika Pranayama, Sukhpurvaka Pranayama, Yoganidra as well as Meditation will help you to correct problems like premature ejaculation and also help in better concentration.
It must be remembered that successful impregnation, fertilization and subsequent pregnancy always involves the cooperation and interaction of husband and wife as one. There are always cases of infertility in marriage. If the couple tries to have mutual understanding, goodwill and equipoise, then the majority of the problems of procreation by males can be solved. For this reason both partners are recommended to adopt a Yoga program and practice it together.
Keep patience nothing is impossible!
If you feel inspired by this article, feel free to publish it in your Newsletter or on your Website. Our humble request is to please include the Resource as follows: -
Courtesy: Dr. Rita Khanna’s Yogashaastra Studio.
A popular studio that helps you find natural solutions for complete health.
Mobile: + 919849772485